20080128

Comment Responses #1

Comments, obviously welcome, seem like an undercooked idea on blogger. So instead of only replying to comments on the hidden comments page, I will reply to a select few on the main page to bring them to the forefront.

In response to "A Stepping Stone", Carol wrote:

I love your idea to get rid of things that tempt you to be a lazy bum. If
you
are still looking for a beginner training plan, I can make a couple
recommendations. Happy workouts, Carol
(www.triathlontrainingblog.com)

I am still looking for a beginner training plan so any
recommendations would be greatly appreciated since you've already gone
through exactly what I am going through.

In response to "The First Injury", Monty wrote:

how about you go see a doctor that might actually help you
Doctors cost money. My doctor is far away. I'm not a little girl. It's probably not that serious of an injury since it feels better now than it did. Enough reasons?

In response to "The First Injury", Pat wrote:

If you're going to be running a lot you should take glucosamine. Its the
building blocks of ligaments and such. It's given to horses when they have a
serious ankle or knee injury.
...
A lot of runners swear by
glucosamine. At the least, it should help you
recover from your knee
injury.

I have been shying away from any supplements, especially those to gain mass (since triathlons are mainly about endurance), but glucosamine sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm just worried about becoming dependent on supplements in order to have a regular workout. It seems like a somewhat unnatural and expensive habit to be in. But if it will prevent me from hurting myself, which I most likely stupidly will, it may be a worthy investment. I'll look into it.

Keep the comments coming, I do read them and appreciate them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This blog is boring

Ban Spre said...

Monty, if you had a comment wall I'd say the same thing about you.