20080121

Intro

My goal is to one day participate in a triathlon or a few triathlons or a plethora of triathlons. I've decided to train at my own pace and am in no real rush to accomplish the goal. I am starting pretty much in the worst shape of my life with the worst diet of my life mostly consisting of beer. Lots and lots of beer. My tentative goal is to participate in a triathlon in august or september. I recall hearing of one happening in Annapolis which doesn't seem too challenging. Ultimately I'd love to participate in an Iron Man event and not die. Eventually I can be as hardcore as one old man and drag a son that was born paralyzed through all of the grueling miles. A more likely goal is to become a paralyzed son.

Hopefully making my efforts public will shame me into keeping up with it. Already I've been doing some training for a month. I also joined a basketball league and should start playing soccer again soon. I changed my diet a bit, reducing alcohol and fast food intake and increasing boiled egg intake. But it's not hard to decrease daily and increase never. But if you put a frog in a boiling pot, he will jump out immediately. If you stick him in a pot of luke warm water and slowly boil it, you can enjoy some frog soup later. It's all the rage, right behind Hot Ham Water. I'm keeping track of my progress and will post updates. An analysis of my training so far will be posted soon.

2 comments:

triblog carol said...

Way to go on your goal. You can definitely do it if you "tri" :-)

Carol

Doria said...

Hey long time no talkie. I have done both an ironman and the annapolis tri...also i work at a bike shop...let me know if you need any advice or equipment I would be happy to help!!
:)